It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-10-18

Video
I'm trying to compress the video from the Texas Renaissance Festival last weekend. First of all, the video is terrible quality. I don't know what I'm doing yet. I have much to learn. It is jumpy. It is blurry. It is dark. It is an early attempt.
I had trouble capturing the video. I tried using Nero Capture to convert the video to Divx 5.2, but the files were corrupt. Then I tried the same thing with MPEG 2 and got the same result. I tried to capture to another format and something else blew up.  I ended up capturing to raw DV format (still an AVI) and then converting it with VirtualDub to Divx 6.0. It is much slower than doing it all in one step, but it is about the only way I can get it to work at all. I am having trouble getting the audio compression to line up properly with the video. Think a bad kung-fu film. I'm trying several different CoDec settings to find one that works. I like the noise reduction of Divx, but the sound has to align. The one that aligns nicely sounds like crap. The one that sounds good is off by a smidge. I'll keep trying. The final product will be a Divx 6.0 video and some version of MP3 audio. It will be around ninety megabytes. It will be hard to watch because it shakes so much.

UPDATE: The video is up. Forgive the quality.

No comments: