It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-10-03

More TRF
I felt bad on Sunday. I heard later that this kind of thing happens. The camp grounds are extremely dusty. The grass is wild weeds. I sneezed my head off and coughed quite a bit. I blew black snot all over the place. I'm sure that didn't help the dust situation. Ken had trouble with his allergies too. Fortunately, once I got to sleep I mostly stayed asleep. I think the generators drown out most of the camp night noises.
Not only is my nose sore, but my thighs are killing me. Walking in armor is aerobic exorcise. My knee caps and a spot on both shoulders are sore from the armor rubbing my skin. I have some black marks where there should be no black marks from the armor. I'm not sure how that happened. Oh, wait, did I mention it was hot as a blacksmith's balls? I did get a better pare of pants for under the armor so that should help next time.
I need to get some saddle soap for the armor. As mentioned above the dust is kind of crazy in the camp grounds. Everything gets covered in a layer of beige dust. My boots are black, but they turn the same color as the sand in about three steps. I quickly stopped trying to knock off the sand and started covering accidental clean spots that arose. Live and learn..
I forgot to mention the guy who graciously stopped by camp in only a sporran. Typically, a sporran is worn with a kilt, or at least SOMETHING else. They are an accessory to a larger outfit. This is the first time I've heard of someone doing the whole sporran-only motif. He was polite.
I didn't touch a computer the whole time, even though there was one available. Ken's company has laptops with always on Cellular connections. He drives so damn much, that he is miles away from any friendly Internet connection. He needs a secure connection even at construction areas. The drive back to town from Fest is an hour or more one way and $20 worth of gas. It only makes sense. He offered me the use of the laptop while I was staying at the Camp on Sunday. I never even considered it. Even with the rain, it was just nice to sit under the tarp and snooze. If only i had thought of bringing a hammock.
Photographers, we ran into both the people who said they will take photos at our wedding. Man, they look like professionals. I am so glad. We may get a mix of film and digital, but I'm not worried about it. We will find a way to compensate them for their time. People at TRF are proving to be pretty cool so far.
I spent too much money. I promised to spend even more in the future. It is killing me. I'm so cheap. Well, I'm almost done. Well, one is never "done" with a hobby. I plan on using this stuff six to eight weekends a year. That is more than some people use their hobby stuff. Plus, it is camping and eating barbecue.. That is good old American fun, right? ... Please donate to your heart's content by clicking the "donate" button to the right. =]

No comments: