It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-10-17

Locked Up
So, people got locked up. Have you ever been to Fair and seen the jail? It is right between the jousting grounds and the Sea Devil Pub. Nat and a bunch of other folks were nabbed by someone just after the chainmail fashion show and dragged off to the jail. Nat and Rozen were handcuffed. There were nine folks in in chainmail in the jail cart. Then, the jailers kept adding regular people who would pay to get in just to have a picture taken. Remember it is smaller than an elevator. Anyway, this guy paid to have every one locked up. It was a big funny joke. Only, the people in chainmail were not laughing after about fifteen minutes. It was hot. Most of them were getting claustrophobic. They had just run threw the whole grounds in the 12:00 parade then dancing around in the fashion show in all those heavy pieces of real steel mail. Things were getting a bit touchy. I paid for Nat to get out. She leaned over and said "Hey honey, want a kiss?!?" When I kissed her she snatched the money out of my hand. She paid for herself and one of the other girls who was starting to  feel bad. She and I had a quick conversation about how serious the situation was becoming. I coughed up my emergency $20 and bailed out all but one of the remaining chainmail folks. They wouldn't let us get the other girl out. Finally a friend of hers showed up and borrowed some money to get her out as well. All in all, it was a minor fiasco.
Now, one good thing came out of it all. When Nat informed the girls who paid for their freedom, I got gang kissed by most of the girls. Nat says I had the biggest smile on my face. There is a blank spot after the kisses induced by bliss. Chris actually gave me permission to take two pictures of him. That is huge for him.



In the far right picture is a guy in black leather armor. He is the guy who started it all. In his defense, he meant it all in fun. I don't think he meant for the chainmail clad folks to have to pay for their freedom. He only paid for three people to be locked up. Nat got him though. She got him to volunteer to be locked up, hence the picture. It turns out he was in there for forty five minutes. Payback is a bitch. =]  He is going to go out next weekend even though he has to work to make it up to folks.

No comments: