It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-10-05

Google and Sun

Internet search giant Google and network computing company Sun Microsystems have entered into a multi-year agreement to distribute Sun's software technologies, a move some say is meant to offer users an alternative to Microsoft products.

You know, this is one of those times I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm going to reserver judgment on whether I think this is good or bad until I can lay a mouse pointer on some software. People keep speculating that this is going to revolutionize the way people use software. I hope so. The way things are working right now is just not working that well.
I've heard that the idea here is to offer an online version of Star Office. I use Open Office at the house. I need a word processor about four times a year. That does not justify $200 to $700 for an office suite. I wish Thunderbird had a passable calender and would sync with my palm. If it did, I could go 100% Linux. Time will tell.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

Hey, I heard Microsoft and AOL (sometimes Intel, depending on the email) have entered an agreement, too. They will pay me BIG BUCKS if I forward an email to everyone I've ever met. Must be a great deal, which is why I've receieved it twice within the last 24 hours.

I'm waiting for my check to come in the mail and make me rich.