It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-10-07

Fest
Here we go on week two. We leave this afternoon and head out. We are already making adjustments to our equipment list. This time we need to take more food and a means to cook it. Heath has a huge kitchen trailer, but he has to work this weekend so that is not an option. We got a Colman stove. I always wanted one of those for some reason. We got four bottles for it, but I'm not sure how long they last. It is supposed to be 50 degrees this weekend so we need to take plenty of blankets. That is good news for the armor front. It was hot and humid last weekend. All these fest cloths were designed for a cooler climate.
My wonderful mother tracked down some saddle soap for me this week.  I need it for the leather armor. She found a guy who makes saddles and asked him which was best. What a gal. Anyway. I cleaned the armor last night. I also cleaned the boots. That stuff works. I'm not sure how much to use, so I just used a dab at a time. It seemed to work.
The one thing we cannot find is an air bed frame. Since the hurricanes that swept through the south East, people are displaced. Many people needed an additional temporary bed for relatives and friends visiting in the long term. Those things are spot on for this requirement. All the stores are cleaned of them. Wal-Mart.com was out of stock at the time of this post. I can only find the frame I need at twice the price.
Bill will pick up Elle today. She has a cold and is all snotty. I would say we should keep her and stay home, but Bill's family has some pretty cool plans this weekend so that isn't really an option. He is a good guy and knows quite a bit about taking care of kids. We are only a phone call away most of the time at fest, so I'm not worried. I wish Elle felt better so she could enjoy the weekend and cool weather better.
I just read that last paragraph and a tear came to my eye. I sound like a dad. Where did that come from?
My father just handed me a Colman propane lantern. I used to have one a million years ago, but the case was a bad design. The top of the case (with the handle) attached in such a way that it would come apart at the first chance. Thus, the lantern hit the ground and the glass broke. The glass costs more than the lantern. I haven't figured out that one yet. This new one is nice. I don't think it has ever been used. The case folds open on hinges so there is little chance of the lantern flying out. I need to find the propane cheaper. It is $2 a bottle at Academe. I thought they were recyclable, but I don't think so. Every one says to throw them away. Seems like a waist to me. Between the stove and the lantern, I'm glad we picked up one of those extended lighters from the dollar store.
We only plan on going in on Saturday. We will take our time Sunday to break down camp and head back early. This is the plan anyway. There is just too much stuff we need to get done. Some of the camp folks get there on Friday to set up and don't leave until Monday. Must be nice. Some of those campers cost $250000. I have trouble affording an air mattress frame. No one said things are fare. If life were fare, Nat and I would go watch Serenity before heading out this evening. That might put us on the ground in a tent at around midnight. Drat.
I plan on taking the video camera this time, but I don't make any promises. A couple of once in a life time things happened last weekend, but I'm not going to hold my breath this time. Expect some pictures though.

No comments: