It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-10-28

Buddy's blog
We went out to eat with friends this evening. While at dinner the subject of blogs came up. My buddy has a blog. He had three anecdotes to tell us this evening. I think he was trying to figure out which were worth blogging because he asked us to rate them. It was funny because Nat, his wife and I all had different rankings for the three stories. I'm not going to do the stories justice here. He will go into far greater detail I'm sure.
Baseball Tickets
Buy on line, or buy face to face. My buddy was trying to get baseball series tickets. One person tells him to buy them face to face to make sure he gets what he is buying. The other person tells him to buy them on line because you get a better deal. Well, my buddy goes on line. He picks out some tickets. They call him back and switch the tickets on him. The tickets still don't make it. He calls them back and gets switched again. Not only do they not send the original tickets, but he gets a completely different set of tickets on the day of the game. He sweat bullets all week. These were expensive tickets. From now on, face to face for those kind of tickets.
Client
My buddy has a really cool client opportunity. The hardware they make not only impressed the client, but it impressed the client's customers who had no idea the new hardware was coming on line. That is so cool. That is the kind of things engineers live fore. This client is going to brag about my buddy's company at a conference soon. That might mean a bunch more sales.
Getting Yelled at by His Boss
My buddy works for a small company. The owner of the company exists to make the company work. He started out years ago screaming at his employees. now he gives a stern talking to. My buddy was getting his ass reamed by his boss for a delay due to a bug in the system of a new product still under development. This went on for like two hours. When my buddy gets out of his meeting, he checks his voice mail and finds out that fifteen minutes after he went into this meeting, the bug had been found and fixed by one of the other developers. Irony is a bitch.
Now, he damn well better blog about at least one of these stories or I'll feel like a dope.

No comments: