It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-04-03

Pope Stroking
It is a horrible weekend for news. Every single news site except Slash Dot have their entire page devoted to making the Pope look like more than a human. Half are just trying to look good. The other half are trying to bend the event to their agenda. Conservatives keep saying "we have always pushed life." Others say he was a factor in the downfall of Communism. Communism is an idea. Countries that attempted Communism failed. An idea cannot fail. Only the people who try to follow it. Anyway. I'm sick of it. I have several Catholic friends. They will hate me for this. Well, I wasn't much on Reagan's funeral either. I have to go to the blogs to be reminded of the not so wonderful things the Pope had going for him. [caution, bias] I'm not going to go into them here, because the Pope is conservative and I agree with most of the things people have a problem with, but I know along with every one else that he was a man. There are a bunch of people out there with some sick ideas about hating the Pope and other world leaders who don't think the same way they do. Mechelle Malkin has some links.

No comments: