It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-04-27

Day
Over the last couple of days, I have gotten no sleep. Between the new two year old walking around screaming one word over and over, and forcing myself to stay up and spend time with Natalie, I've averaged about two hours of good sleep a night. That is why I fell asleep in a meeting today. I completely didn't see it coming. It was a NetMeeting so I was in my office. No one just walking by can see me in my chair. I made sure of that when I moved in. Anyway. I've been doing well the last couple of days. Even with no sleep, I'm able to keep up. That is, until today.
The meeting was over the install of some software on a server somewhere. We had to uninstall an old version and install the new version with a service pack. Blah-blah-blah. We had some trouble getting the service pack download. I'm watching them search for the file and it errors out. The start it over again. Then, suddenly I jerk awake. Something completely different is going on. I look at the time and twenty five minutes have passed. Thank goodness I put the mute on. I watch the screen for a minute and ask a simple question just to get them to remember I'm there. If they say "Kelly where were you?" i had concocted a plan that my ear phone battery needed replacing. No one noticed a thing. I was really supposed to be an observer in this meeting and learn how the process worked. I didn't even miss anything because of the technical difficulties.
I vaguely remember my head thumping into the monitor, but it is a flat panel, so it just moved out of the way.
I have got to get some sleep, but the only time I get to spend time with Nat is late at night after Elle goes to sleep.

No comments: