It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-04-03

Day
Last night I headed over for the Texas Holdem game at a buddy's place. It is always fun. Fortunately, we are all broke so we only play for a $10 buy in. I lost $20 (two rounds) and ended up listening to one of the other guys tel stories about his work experiences. He is an old oil field pipe-fitter construction worker. He had us rolling out on the patio. I cannot do the stories justice. He mentioned how he got in fights on the job, and how his crew was one of the first drug tested in the early eighties. "... The guy got out of his car and a plumb of smoke rose when he opened the door. ..." He told a story of getting mad at a boss and chasing him through the plant in a truck with huge steel booms banging around behind him. I nearly split my side. He is off to Iraq after a back surgery. He said he might pull down some really good money.
This morning I had the nasties hang over. I had been having problems with my ears and nearly toppled over a bunch of times at the card game. I drank one of those things these guys made and I nearly passed out. One of the guys had three of them.
I'm about to order some Wal-itin online. I've heard some people say to take two of the damn things in the beginning to get rid of the allergies. Then , drop back to one a day after a week or two.
I broke down and ordered some sandwiches from a pizza place. I know I complain allot about being chubby, but I am dreadfully lazy.
No one told me it was the day to switch your clocks forward. I nearly missed it. I still have a couple of clocks to go.

Blog Surfing
You know you enjoy doing something when you say "Just one more." and you find yourself still doing it after ten or fifteen more. I catch myself doing this with blogs. I have motivated myself to read and comment on a bunch of blogs when I can. This is really just to bring traffic to my site, or at least, it started out that way. I will sit down at the computer and say "I don't feel like it." and before I know it, I've done it for three hours. I'm getting more picky who's blog I leave comments on. I get plenty of hits this way, but I've noticed my number of comments has dropped since I set it to ignore anonymous posts. I don't really care about that. I would rather have quality than quantity.
I've been doing the rounds of Blogger and Bloglines. The trouble is, as I mentioned in an earlier post, that nearly every post is about the Pope. I just can't bring myself to scream at people on the subject, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

No comments: