It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-08-20

Doom III
I've said for quite a while that I am waiting to buy a new computer until Doom III comes out. Now that I have read the reviews, I'm not impressed. Every one seems to rave about the graphics and sound. It is a 3D shooter and not much new. The review people also complain the game crashes on several computers that meet the requirements. That is disappointing.  Oh, well. I'll just wait a bit longer. I don't have  the ware with all to make a buy right now anyway. The computer I want isn't even all that. It just has a bit more ram and a bit more video cars than the ones on the front shelf.

Notebook
I took my notebook to a meeting last night and used the wireless network to present my story to the board. How cool is that. I was not as prepared as I had hoped .I'm typing this blog entry on it right now.. I pretty much use it as my primary computer. I don't use the wireless at home because it is too slow to stream the movies I get. 802.11B is only about 11 megabit.  802.11G is 55 megabit natively and most of the routers double up for 110. You could double 802.11B, but what is the point. the G routers are $50. This whole wireless thing is kind of freaky. I like being able to run to a coffee shop and get some work done in a different environment. I like the idea of having a portable TV at a baseball game for on demand replays. I like the idea of improving GSM with local mini-tours all over the place. The reason mobile coverage sucks is because people don't like the tours bristling above the trees. These mini transceivers would hide just on top of light poles. People still bitch and say "Not in my back yard!" In the same breath, they say "Dammit  my phone dropped me. I can't even make a cal in my back yard." People seem to forget the phone, their TV, their computer, the Sun, the Earth, and even their own bodies give off radiation all the time. There are these things called cosmic rays that may actually cause aging that the entire planet Earth will not shield you. Losers. People make me sick.

No comments: