It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-05-12

Tragedy
I really want to get out of the whole middle east and hose the place down with nukes. Then we send in robots and milk what is left of the oil. We might as well go after the drug cartels in South and Central America while we are at it. There should be a one time per century Fix-it day where we go hog wild and make things right. The trouble is, it will never work. That is why they hate us already. I suppose that is why I'm not the guy in charge. I know I would not be able to keep my finger off the trigger when crap like this happiness.
The guy was Jewish. I wander how much that had to do with it. Wouldn't it be great if we all had the same color skin, same language, same culture, worshipped the same God ...? No, I like the diversity do not like the hatred. I cannot imagine true hate. I'm full of talk about nuking countries. These guys picked up a big knife and cut a guys head off. That is hate.
The father of Nicholas Berg said
something extraordinary. He blames the American forces for holding his son without do course and says the loss of rights over terrorism is no better than a witch-hunt. I hate to say it, but it is easy to blame the people standing in front of you. It is far more difficult to hod someone who may never be caught responsible. The American forces deny holding Nick at all. The media has already begun digging into Nick's past.

War with Syria
Round and round and round she goes... Which country is next to go?
Now, America is putting pressure on Syria. I've heard speculation that weapons of mass destruction ended up in Syria. At some point the U. S. was buddies with Damascus. North Korea is not playing ball on nuclear weapons.
Libya is looking for a World Cup bid. This is probably why they are playing nice with Europe and the rest of the west lately. Qaddafi's son, Seif al-Islam, is on an Italian team at the moment. He is caught up in all the European glitz and glamour. There is a story about five nuns who have been blamed for infecting hundreds of children with HIV in Libya. The nuns say they are innocent and are being made into scapegoats. Seif seems to be on their side.  I wander if Qaddafi is setting his son up to look good to the rest of the world by allowing him to save the Nuns.

Hyperlinked editorial
I've had a couple of people comment on the hyperlinks in the text on my blog. I remember having to site stuff in a research paper. It was a pain listing where you found everything. You knew the professor was not going to go look anything up. This is much better. If I were writing a research paper today, I would insist on using hyperlinks for my citation.
Google News is awesome. You can search on key words and get back a list of news stories. How the heck can you find out what soccer team on which Qaddafi's kid plays? Type it into the search at the top of Google News and hit enter. That is my secret.
There is one thing I've noticed. Since I started writing this blog and quoting news stories, I hate it when I hear something cool on radio news (either NPR or BBC or so on) because I can't grab the link at the top of the browser and quote the story in my blog. Normally I can just hit Google News and be done with the matter. It is not usually the same story though. My opinion was formed by the first place I heard the news. Now things are a bit tempered. It still works out though.
What are your thoughts?

Athens Olympics
The Olympic people are saying Athens will have their shit together in time. The contractors on the ground are saying they will be working the morning of the Olympics. The Athens locals admit they pissed away the first three years. They have also admitted to a huge coverup plan. It's pretty bad, because this is the place where the whole thing started. The path of the original Olympian was supposed to be taken, but I don't believe it complies with the rules. Go figure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't see all of your text.... it don't fit on me screen!

Don't make me get the cootie tourniquet.