It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-05-26

Friend's Mail this morning.
It is 7:30 AM and a friend of mine who will remain anonymous (Anna)  just sent me the following email.

ahdjfk lh luguyf tytyd urt drxjvkgf iu foufgluf.

I think it is a bit early for this one. (the green was my idea) I prescribed three cups of coffee, stat. The spell checker doesn't like that line one bit.
Anyway, I haven't heard from her again all day. I hope this wasn't some stroke induced cry for help.

More on GMail.
I've found a couple of solutions to my previous troubles.
  • You can type in names in the To field to get multiple entries. It has an auto-complete feature that kind of works. I have a hard time remembering people exist thought. I really need a checklist. My opinion of this work around is "eh!"
  • The address book (that still does not let you select many people for one email) is sorted by name again. My opinion of this fix is " ... "
  • I got an email from staff that basically said I'm stuck with the sent items just sitting in the sent mail folder. My opinion of this work around is "muueeeheuuuuuheeeekkkh"
My overall impression is good. I still want some features. The performance of the mail is great. I've only noticed twice when it took me a couple of tries to get in the system. Honestly, Hotmail has done worse in the same period of time and it has been out for years.

Large, Large Format  Photos.
This camera is pretty sweet. Here is the real link. This is an invention that was brought into being by an artist. Read the article for descriptions of the resolution. They said you can count the shingles on a barn at 1.2 kilometers. I can't imagine taking a portrait with this thing. It is too much for that. You would literally be able to count the fine hairs of your eyelash.
I can also imagine dragging one of these to a party. What kind of flash do you use with this thing, a  nuclear bomb? It needs gobs of light I'm sure. Daylight is probably required. I hope this guy makes money off his invention. It normally happens that some one, in marketing or sales, steels the idea and patents it before the real inventor can work out the bugs.
I've heard of a camera that took a one meter by one meter (yes, meter as in 3.x feet) negative image. The camera was designed to take pictures of a one meter by one meter piece of artwork. The Sistine Chapel used it to record the art before renovation. The camera was purpose built for that use.
I've looked at the Canon Digital Rebel
This is the Canon 1Ds, the real deal. The resolution is 4,064 x 2,704 (11.0 million pixel). If you dig deep enough you can find the sample photos. Nice. One problem, it is $7500 to start. That doesn't include a lens. I've never considered a life of crime until I read about this camera. I downloaded a sample picture and it was 5 megabytes. There is a system in place to digitally sign the photo when it is taken to prove it has not been edited. I got to get me one of these.
Canon 1Ds. My dream camera

Seventeen Years
The Cicadas are back. Some sports guy wen through some stuff that happened in the same year as past Cicada upheavals. The Sox did pretty good in 1919. They would consider an every seventeen year win a streak.

No comments: