It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-05-21

Bookmarks
I wish there were a way to synchronize your bookmarks across browsers and computers. If Yahoo or Google would give me a way to access my bookmarks across platforms and browsers, I would opt in. I use Mozilla and FireFox (a cut down version of Mozilla). I do use MS Internet Explorer on occasion, but only when pages don't support Mozilla. (Yahoo Launch).

VMS
In my day job we still use VMS on a couple of systems. I support an old database software that tracks a bunch of accounting crap. One thing I've noticed is the up time. These old 90 MHz systems are routinely up for over 200 days at a time. I had the two servers I use go for over a year without a reboot.
I heard that the NT kernel was actually written by the same team that developed VMS (VAX hardware). It turns out this was accurate. MS originally wanted to call NT OS/2. Creepy..That article says MS paid Digital between $60 million and $100 million for the use of the kernel to settle any lawsuits. Sounds like something MS would do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, and WNT is exactly one letter advanced from VMS.