It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-04-22

One

Once came I to the sun to rest.
Not one man, I, but three.

The trees snuff the sun's light from me.
The leaves dance in what is left.

Born, was I, under a labored star.
Sleep, I find, holds me still

The rain, I hear, helps me fill.
Travel, I must, through worlds far.

Task at hand

Amongst the work there is a moment to be had.
Stand up straight and look around.

It is too quiet and calm here in the light.
The sun warms and lights up the world.

Relax in the shade and watch the world just stand before me.
Glory, majesty, bright fine morning. Something is right.

I fear the calm and light sometimes. All is gone eventually.
Back to my toil I flee.

Maybe the after life is just standing up and looking around.

1 comment:

Faithful Servant said...

Like it! Wish I could write