It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-06-26

Smart Car

Nat and I pulled past our first Smart Car this morning on our way in. It was gray. I thought the whole point to a Smart Car is that they were hip and a bit outrageous. It seemed to be rolling along just fine. There are better ways to get 50 mpg. They are light, easy to park, good economy, and they are pretty cheap to begin with. They are little icy-tincy cars though. People worry about getting in wrecks with them. They are actually not that bad in a crash. Smart Cars are not highly rated though. There are worse new cars you could be caught dead in - so to speak.

Smart cars are all over Europe. They were featured in two movies that I remember lately. The remake of The Pink Panther, and The Da Vinci  Code. One of which had a car chase in a Smart.

I found out today they make a convertible. I thought it was a death trap before. Nat said she would like one for running around town. It will be fine when Elle is at collage, but there is no room for a child seat. I believe it has air-bags too. They are worth a look for sure.

Why do engineers like the Smart? Because there is plenty of room for improvement.

No comments: