It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-06-30

Growing Up
Elle is two and a half. She learns new words every day. She defies authority. She sings with the radio. She dances every chance. She is afraid of things that happen on TV. She is jealous of the animals. She tries to play Nat and I off each other.
I can tell she will be a charmer. I can tell she will be stressed out her entire life. I can tell she will bounce around from one friend to another. I hope she is happy.

Wimbledon
I listen to the BBC quite a bit. Normally, i listen to Five Live. However, the pat two weeks have been devoted to Wimbledon. I'm not much on tennis, but I don't mind listening to it on the radio. I hate watching it except for the cute female players. I understand there is a market for videos shot from a low angle that has them grunting when they slam a shot.  I can only imagine. Anyway, Five Live is the news and sports station. I really like the commentary they have on a daily basis. However, when it is raining at Wimbledon and they have to fill the time talking with tennis folks, I cannot keep my eyes open. I wish they had some stand by disaster waiting to happen for those moments.
I remember hating the couple of weeks in the middle of the summer because HBO plaid Wimbledon all day. It was horrible. I was a willing zombie for just about anything that cable vomited forth at that age. I just couldn't watch tennis. I still cannot.

No comments: