It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-06-22

Blame

IT: Inventor of Proxy Firewall Blames Hackers
Security

Posted by CmdrTaco on Wednesday June 22, @09:57AM

from the get-your-rage-out dept.
An anonymous reader writes "SecurityFocus published an interview with Marcus Ranum, the inventor of the proxy firewall. It's an interesting reading, and the end is even better: Truly, the only people who deserve a complete helping of blame are the hackers. Let's not forget that they're the ones doing this to us. They're the ones who are annoying an entire planet. They're the ones who are costing us billions of dollars a year to secure our systems against them. They're the ones who place their desire for fun ahead of everyone on earth's desire for peace and the right to privacy."

( Read More... | 144 of 187 comments | it.slashdot.org )


Yes. I blame the burglers for locking my doors and windows at night. I blame uninsured motorists for my high premiums. I blame disconnected bureaucrats for my high taxes. I blame the shift to a service economy for the permanent loss of jobs in this country. Assigning the blame is only good if you use it to effect change. Honestly, I would rather some thirteen year old who only intends to spray paint his handle on the wall picks the lock and shows me how shitty the lock is, before some thief, or the hell-bent terrorist does it.

No comments: