It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-07-26

White Trash Test
I like this one. I stole It from Cynthia. My results are below. I still like the evil genius test. I had that one on my blog a long while back. Feel free to comment like mad below.
I AM 40% WHITE TRASH!
40% WHITE TRASH
The white trash in my blood will not keep me from becoming a doctor or a lawyer, but it will keep me from a good haircut and any sort of fashion sense.

The Wheel of Time
Man, this is a long set of books. I've found people who have read this series who I would have never expected. Most people say they like the books. I'm terrified. I'm about to start book four and I hear it is one of the best. Book five, however, is the most wordy and difficult to read. Most people I talk to about the series are upset it has taken so long to get the books out. They have been reading since the mid nineties and hate the book-every-two-years thing the author has going on. Some say they have to re-read the books to keep up. I'm running through the first ten books, if I can make it all the way through. I bet I remember as much at the end as any one else who read them as they came out.
I have to say, I have never read two books in one weekend. I've never completed 600 pages in a day. Sunday I got up at 8:00 and completed the book (three) around 9:30 or so. I only stopped for a couple of phone calls. I have an odd feeling of accomplishment. So far, the wordiness of the book hasn't bothered me. It is interesting to have the multiple plot lines. I can sympathize with those who have to wait a long time for the books to come out. The plots are complex and interwoven (like the fabric of our lives). The series lives up to it's name.
I believe the saying is "The wheel weaves as the weave wills." I might not have that right. I'll have to check. I just did a search on Google for the saying to verify it and I got a  server error. creepy.

2 comments:

CyndyMW said...

I am the Double Agent.

obiwanchunn said...

On the Wheel of Time. Book four is definatly the best, it has a cool plot thread that starts and ends in the book (rare for this series) and a really, really cool section in the middle. You will know it when you read it.