It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-09-07

Wet Time Lapse

Short and sweet.Taken from the window in my office of a rainy day in West Houston 2010-09-07.

This is my first attempt at a time lapse. I used a Flip HD to record 50 or so minutes of video and used avidemux in Linux to convert it to a time lapse. You better like it because it took all evening to figure out the numbers. Music from FreePD

Due to the limitations of my software, I had to first, modify the frame rate in the playback mode. Then set the whole thing to one frame per second for the render. then resample the rendered file at 30 frames per second. ... Never mind. It is done and I can do it again if need be. I just need a video camera that takes a video longer than one hour.

Every other platform has a button you hit that says something like "Make Time Lapse". Not Linux. Nothing works as it should in Linux. You have to do -gasp- math in Linux to get what you want. I did it dammit. I'm so proud of myself, I could just slam a NyQuil and hit the sack.

No comments: