It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-09-15

Notes:

Half a million government jobs in Cuba will be eliminated. Doesn't every one work for the government in Cuba? I'm not sure how that works. Someone mentioned 85% of employed people work for the government in Cuba. Apparently many people draw a salary from the government without really doing anything. These people are expected to go out and get a job or start a small business. There will be a payroll tax and a sales tax / VAT tax started up as well. But they are not capitalists!

"They are treating me like a dog." Whatever the actual quite is. Shut up you thin skinned wuss. You are still dishing out worse on Bush. Give me a break.

The last couple of days I've forgotten to send the notes I take at work for the blog home. I jot down ideas and notes that come to mind while I work and send them to myself to complete at home. It amazes me to figure out how much I depend on these notes to get anything written down for the blog.

Watter Hammer: Have you ever turned off the water in an old house with old fixtures and heard a thump or a bong comes out of the wall? This is called watter hammer. Someone asked why you would choose a ball valve over a butterfly valve if ball valves are so much more expensive. That spike in pressure can cause real damage in systems where you are talking very high pressure or strange materials or huge pipes. That bong might just be enough to push the limits of the seals. There are cases where a 36 inch pipe has jumped out of it's shoe (the thing holding it up) and flopped around like a tentacle all due to temperature changes.

No comments: