It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-09-03

Dreams

Nat said she had a post apocalyptic dream. People were riding horses. The drug cartels had invaded the U. S. and were having war scale gun fights on the streets of Houston. She said something rather profound. She said there was no single event that lead to the situation. The situation had just deteriorated over time until one day it was really bad. This is how things really go in my opinion.

I had a dream too. Mine was not nearly as deep. I dreamed about standing by a stream watching the water flow and listening to it trickle past rocks. There were fish in the water and a breeze blowing in the trees. It was beautiful. I did wake up having to pee. Still, I'm calling that a win dream. It is good to know that I'm capable of that pleasant of a scenario.

I've never put much heft to the meanings of dreams. I do not believe they have significant effect on the real world. Perhaps they are random firing of synapses. Perhaps they are one part of the brain thinking for itself while the other parts of the brain struggle to understand. Perhaps it is a form of gray matter exorcise. Who knows?

There are dream blogs. I've heard of people keeping journals for dreams. They want their dreams to mean something so much that they read in meaning where there just isn't any. So many people want an edge over reality. They want something that will help them make decisions and warn them of bad things so much that they see patters in tea leaves at the bottom of a cup or bones dropped on to a blanket, or smoke trickling through a shaft of light or dreams.

No comments: