It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-07-02

Noisy Podcasts

I listen to some podcast about tech stuff. The guy who does it has two boys and the tech reviews he does use the kids as test beds. It works out very well, because he will say things like "I thought this was a dud product, but my kids loved it."

The one I listened to today was pretty good. He reviewed a ruggedized camera. I liked the review, but I liked the distractions more. As he was speaking things in the background would clump, buzz, jingle or yell to each other down stairs.

His family were down stairs. They were yelling from one room to the other apparently. He hollered down to them to keep it down, which they did for about forty five seconds.

His air conditioner kicked in which sounds like a cement mixer. He wheeled his chair over to it, taking the microphone with him to adjust it. I think he made it louder.

Rex the podcasting wonder dog came in and scratched at his feet. This is heard by the cowbell sized dog tags jingling in that distinct dog scratching rhythm.

Then there is his drink. He is not paid by Mountain Dew Code Red, but he should be. He insists on using a plastic bucket full of ice to consume it as he podcasts.

this kind of makes the personal. I've noticed that I prefer when pod podcasters give a dose of their real life along with their other content. It gives me a bit of attachment to the media. All the vlogs I watch have personal content or a separate channel for personal content except one. That one is comedy and has someone from old media as the spokes person. there are a couple podcasts that don't have much personalization. I definitely remember the personalized ones better.

No comments: