It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-11-13

Friday the Thirteenth

There was something really bugging me about work last night. As i tried to wind down over the evening, I didn't let myself get mad about anything. There was nothing I could do about the issue from home and the people whose help I needed would not even be in until late in the morning.

Elle went to bed and Nat stayed up playing some game online. I went to bed. I laied there thinking about work and the problem. I preyed about it and slept like a baby. This morning I got ready, still worried. There is nothing I can do from home and I had a long commute in front of me before I even got to work.

When I got to work, I started messing with the problem. I still needed the help of others. I would be great if I could do it all myself and fix things without having to know the whole background and peripheral issues. that is not possible for mortals.

It was a boat load of effort to get things to a reasonable level of working. I thought for a second someone had sent something out that should not have gone out. Fortunately, that was something completely different. Everyone I asked for help, helped. Every one who had a hand in things did their jobs to the best of their abilities. No one tried to get in the way or be a Wally.

I got to work at 7:30. Around 11:30, I looked at my watch and it felt like I had only been at work about an hour. Lunch was late, but at least I got one. Things were working out pretty well until Nat called and said she was heading out to Faire tonight instead of tomorrow. She called around 14:30. It took the wind out of my sails. There was still plenty of work to do.

No comments: