- Craig's list gets more hits and searches than MySpace.
- Many people say Windows is easier than Linux. No, they do things differently. Shutting users up is easier in Windows and getting things done is easer in Linux.
- I liked Dilbert this morning. I'm getting to the point I don't get user friendly any more. I'm just not up to the minute on geek stuff these days.
- I was watching Battlestar Galactica last night and every one had
their glasses tilted forward so the lights would not reflect. I get
angry that no one on TV wars glasses unless they are supposed to be
'smart' or something. I have to remember that all the lights on the
sets reap havoc with glasses. It still drives me nuts.
They put anti-glare coating on glasses, but that coating normally goes on the side closest to the eye to prevent light behind you from reflecting and hindering vision. Handy for police I'm told, what with all the strobes going off all over the place. I'm sure you could get a glasses place to cover the front as well if you slip them a couple bucks, or tell them you are an actor.
- I had to go thorough a million steps to download some MS scripting host documents. I couldn't authenticate my windows box without running a program that needed to run as Administrator in order to access whatever it it is that MS has determined makes me legit. I've heard that Vista and up have this authentication thing built in so it will not be as big a hassle. I hate Microsoft. What if I'm surfing the net on a net book and developing on a windows box? They don't care. I hate Microsoft!
- There is now an application on the g1 market place thing that allows me to use my saved Google maps and set pins. Yippee! That is something I really wanted. It makes it so when I go to someone's house or do something cool somewhere else, I can save the location.
- Fixed a mouse keyboard issue when I got home. It was one of those situations where I did the same thing Nat did and it worked for me. It is a timing issue.
It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.
Posted by Kelly Hawkins at Thursday, April 09, 2009