It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-04-28

Hitch Hiking

I had my first and last adventure with hitch hiking today. I was mad at Nat for not giving me a ride to work at 11:30 after missing the morning due to severe weather. In her defense, she was up all night with Elle's worries and her own over the weather. The news said we got seven inches of rain in our area. Just north of us got ten inches of rain.

I was walking along in the mud, complaining to myself out loud about having to walk in the mud and a big box van honked and stopped. I said 'heck with it' and ran up and hopped in. The guy was happy to give me the ride. He was Mexican, young and didn't seem to mind. It turns out he was turning on highway 6, so I hopped out there and waited for the bus.

It was a while before I notice a bus coming round the circle. Just after I did, someone whom I normally ride the bus in with in the morning pulled over and offered me a ride. He normally gets off  before I do so I declined. I know know why he takes the bus. He drives a Tahoe. I'd take the bus too.

Once I got on the bus, evey one was chatting about the storm last night. The scene was jovial. It reminded me of the mood after the hurricane last year. People were looking out for on another. It was kind of nice. I would say something like "we need a storm more often." but I just don't want storms any more often than needed. Don't want to lynx it.[end]

No comments: