It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-04-02

Hit me

Spoiler Alert!

I watched Fight Club last night. That is, I watched the first half of Fight Club. I really like the movie. It means something to me. It makes me want to be a better man. It reminds me that there is a movement to remove what makes humanity fight to survive and replace it with being a bunch of easily controlled pussies.

Fight Club gets me worked up. I watch the scenes before the key switch and after the key switch and I just want to be part of something larger. I want to do something to make the world better. I want to leave a legacy. I want to make a dent in the planet. I want to make the universe know my name.

The key switch is the line "Hit me." in the movie. The moment that line is both spoken and crossed, the movie takes the turn from mundane human existence to leadership and making a difference.

I have never had a movie affect me like Fight Club. I feel like I'm ready to take on the world after watching it. I sleep like a baby. The darkness seem brighter. The light feels closer. I feel just that little bit alive.

So many movies have a gimmick. I've heard that movie with Bruce Willis and Fight Club mentioned in the same breath a lot as movies with a pivotal moment of realization. Screw that. They both use a similar mechanism. So what! Someone who works on a car and a space station might use the same kind of wrench, but they are not one the same planet.

Fight Club is not my favorite movie because so many people say Fight Club is their favorite movie. Fight club is not the best movie ever made. Fight Club has an affect on me. It has an affect on me that I like very much.

Any one who asks "Why do people kill themselves for a cause?", tell them to watch Fight Club. It is not call to a cause. It is an example of becoming part of something larger than just existing and realizing your priorities have been screwed up your whole life.

Of course, the boring character with all the problem and the interesting character with all the fight in him clash, conflict and eventually work together to effect change. Blah blah blah. I get that. There is more message to the movie than finding one's self. There is more to life than pleasing people around you.

No comments: