It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-04-12

Easter

This has been a good Easter. We went to Sheryl's place for dinner. We got there a little bit late because we had to wait for the tornadoes and all to pass by. No one seemed to mind. I watched some folks work on trailer brakes. I did manage to find Google My Maps on my phone. I was able to use the GPS to find my location and stick a pin in my friends and family map. Oh, and had some devilled eggs. That is productive.

I also found a piece of software called UNetbootin that let me create a magical rescue boot image with all kinds of useful utilities at my fingertips. We have a bunch of servers at work with no CD/DVD, a more an more common thing these days, that need utilities run on them regularly. This image has utilities to partition, back up, restore, wipe, diagnose, goodness knows what else. It is what Knoppix was supposed to be before it turned in to a netbook OS. I need a toolbox in my pocket dammit. I don't want to put up a link to the utility because it is just something some guy put together so I want to use it for a while before I recommend it.

Now I just need some more USB drives. Fortunately, they are dirt cheap.

No comments: