It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-06-04

Window Washer

The window washer just went by my window at work. It was kind of freaky. I remember stories of people washing windows in foreign lands  (I believe it was Pakistan) just standing one a ledge maybe 12 cm wide. When they fell, there were ten more people in line for the job. That is the problem with believing in destiny. When something bad happens to you, it was fate. So screw safety.

These guys were obviously Hispanic. They had ropes, pulleys, safety harnesses and I think there is someone on the roof because they have walkie-talkies. They were working on the other side of the building last week. I watched a guy dangle from a rope while washing windows on a building back when I worked at Software Dynamics (pre-web page). He was hauling ass. He was not in control of how fast he went so he had to get the windows done quickly. I was on the ninth floor of a parking garage across the street. He was not more than five meters from me at the closest.  I used to hang out in the parking garage at lunch back then too.

Page All

If I turn it up to hear the quiet people, I get blow out by the people who know how to use their diaphragm.  The madness has to stop. Someone needs to come out with a phone that levels the sheer volume of some one's voice over the Page All (public address). This cannot be an impossible request. Does it cost five more cents to ad it to a phone system? Is someone sitting on the patent waiting for a big payoff? Who will step up to the plate and make it happen? No one, that's who. No one is listening. No one cares.

I care. I, however, am lazy. I did notice that sound leveling doesn't always work. Nat burned some CDs for last weeks trip with a setting that was supposed to level the volume of the tracks. It sucked at it. It was almost the opposite of leveling. It seemed to make it worse. Maybe that's the real reason no one has it available in other areas. Maybe I should turn my music down. ... NEVER!!!

Lyric

"Shrieking like a dog shitting razor blades." I think I've heard that before. Alkaline Trio, Radio. It just tickled me today.

No comments: