It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-06-19

Shame on me

So, something interesting happened to me this morning on the way to work. It was out of the ordinary. It was kind of a pain in the ass, but not too threatening immediately. There was a stripped car abandon practically in front of my house. It was just a few meters toward Westheimer right in the middle of the road. I called Harris county and reported it. There was no engine or seats. The front clip had been taken. I explained to the lady on the other end that thieves take the engines out of Auras and put them in small Honda Civics. I have a friend with a similar car so it kind of hits close to home. One other thing about the car that worried me where the wheels. Whomever stripped it bothered to put some small crappy wheels on it. That means they either towed it there or pushed it. That means it was probably stripped in the shitty neighborhood I live in.

So, why shame on me? I didn't take a picture. What was I thinking? I had two cameras on me and I just walked off mumbling to myself about the shitty neighborhood I live in. It would have been a great time to use the phone camera if nothing else. I'm getting old.

This isn't the first time I've done this sort of thing on my morning commute. I have a history of warring blinders during my morning routine. I could walk past a flock of two headed terradacty. and not notice much less take a picture.

No comments: