It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-06-05

Regression Testing

A regression test is one that makes sure what worked before still works now. Regression tests are usually run after or at the same time as the program. I'm writing regression tests for some programs. It is kind of fun. There are different kinds of regression tests. One that tricks the user interface in to thinking there is a user there pulling on knobs and pushing the buttons. The other regression tests checks the oil and fuzzes. I'm writing the second kind right now. I've written the first kind before. They are harder. The nuts and bolts tests are easier to write in my book. This is the kind of thing that has to be done on every software project. Most programmers hate this sort of thing. I kind of enjoy it.

No comments: