It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-06-17

I got up early and mowed the back yard. We are in that summer rain cycle that makes it impossible to come home after work and mow because it just got through pouring down and everything is wet. The grass was still wet from the previous after noon's rain. The grass in the back was too high. I wish I could motivate myself to do it more often. I need to get the blade sharpened on the mower. I need to get all the maintenance done.

We went out to Tony and Christel's place today. I like their place, but they have trouble with things disappearing on their property. I could not abide. It is scary enough that it makes Nat want to get a gun for our house. I have a .45, but that won't due for her to shoot. I'm thinking the old Lady Smith, but in the normal frame model. I can't find the one I'm thinking of. I'll have to ask around at a gun shop. I want something that both of us can use if need be.

The most significant thing that happened today is the endless stream of questions that Elle comes up with. It is really getting on Nat and my nirves. We try to do the whole answer the questions thing, but it just gets old quick. Then Elle spouts one that floored both of us. "How do fish go potty if they don't have butts?"

Just a moment ago, Nat had to round up 25 doodle-bugs that made their way under the back door. We need to get that fixed. We have a friend of ours who will help us. We just need to pull the trigger.

No comments: