It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-06-16

Commute

It rained like mad last night. It was muddy and the grass was wet. You have to remember the grass i waist high in some places. I'm highly considering spraying some herbicide on the bad spots. That just causes mud though. What I would like is a sidewalk. I keep threatening to call 311 and finding out if they cover our territory. I have no idea who to contact about a sidewalk. I figure I'll google it for a start. I plan on writing a couple of letters. I'll play the old bitty card, or the disabled card if need be. I'm certainly not above it.

Commute related weather story

Speaking of rain, Here is the comment of high winds from a friend of mine about last night's storm.


When I got home from the gym at 7:45 last night it looked like a mini-tornado had gone down my street -- LOTS of limbs down.  I had to move 2 out of my driveway to drive in.  Winslow was still hiding in the closet & I had to go in there before he would come out.  I looked around the back yard & all looked well except for one tomato that had turned over.  I walked over to right it and saw the fig tree looked weird...it was leaning on the house.  I thought maybe a limb had broken, but  couldn't move it back enough to see what had happened (it has those big leaves).  So I went back through the house and thought he gate.  It's the entire center part of the tree out of the ground.
I looked at it more this morning and am thinking the ground may have gotten too wet.
It's about 15 feet tall and heavy (full of figs).  I'm not sure if it can be saved, if I can save it, how much it would cost for someone else to look at it, or what to do.
I hate to lose it, but don't want to spend a lot of money to save it. I wonder if that part comes out, if the two side parts will live on or  if they will die off too.  I'm not sure how the root structure is set. our fig tree...

Something that happened on the way to work (commute related)

So, I'm walking to work to get there early this morning when "gigigegegech!", then nothing. My left ear phone quits. Normally, they limp a while and you can bend the wire around to get some play before they completely go out. Not this time. I felt lop sided the whole way in to work.
I was asked at lunch if I wanted to go to Beck's, also known as $10 burger. I declined saying I was going to Target to get a $10 pare of head phones. They seem to work OK. They say Sony on them. I'm sure no one who works for Sony ever touched them.

Fact I heard on my commute

Something I learned today is that Coo-coos are parasitic. That is, they plant their eggs in the nest of another bird and let that bird raise their young. It is still not known how coo-coos find their way to East Africa and to their family group. And, I learned this with one ear tied behind my back, not bad.

No comments: