It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2007-06-07

Bad News

Wow, a bunch of bad things have happened recently to friends of ours.

  • A friend's sister was murdered. She was 18. She just finished her first year of collage. All the police have is a vague description of someone running away from the scene.
  • A long time friend of Nat's lost her son. He went to school. He stepped out on the basketball court in PE. He collapsed and died three days later. We have only heard speculation of an otherwise asymptomatic brain abnormality. (brain hemorrhage)
  • A friend of ours has a very nasty ex-husband. He has lost his parenting privileges, yet still has to pay child support. He is a bad man. He makes money in bad ways. The child support people are going after his assets. He is showing up around her and threatening her. I wish I could do something.

There isn't much to be done about the first two. The first requires fallow up. The second is done except for the crying. The third is the one I worry about. I prey for all of them. I want to tear off my shirt, swoop in and start saving people.

No comments: