It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-10-02

Faire
First weekend was a blast. We are going to have to get some stuff for next weekend. We used our own tent. We are going to leave the sleeping bags behind and just bring the blankets because we are on an air mattress and cots any way. Next weekend we are staying in the medium GP if we can find some dividers to hang. Nat is going to get a Sam's membership. It will save us money in the long run.
We still need:
# Batteries for the flashlights.
# Another little bottle of propane for the lantern/stove.
# Lantern mantels for the lantern and for Chrystol who gave me some last weekend. I would have swore I had purchased some, but they are nowhere to be found.
# Tons of water. You really cannot have enough water at camp.
# Breakfast stuff. We should get an email soon on what to bring.
I didn't take many pictures this time. I was too busy having fun. They will show up eventually. I need to remember to charge everything before we go. They had a generator out there this time so I was able to charge my phone while they made coffee in the morning. Tony has a huge coffee maker that makes like two gallons of coffee at a time. It uses one pound of coffee. It puts a huge load on the generator so you cannot really use an inverter to power it. I don't really have a use for a generator, but it would be cool just to own one. (No Kelly, No!!!!)
Camp
it was more fun camping than running around the faire. I was worried about not being able to buy things, but I didn't really miss it at all. We did get some pepper jelly stuff that is really good. The stuff we got last year was really good.
There were tons of old friends and some new ones. There were drunks and lost people to play with. We did have a fire in a regulation fire pit. I was kind of worried about that. It just isn't a camp without a camp fire.
Saturday evening I got back to the cam from faire and fell asleep. Nat nearly dragged me to the shower, but I snored away. I got up for a while, but I was just too tired to participate. I got up and grumbled around the camp for a while. I walked down the back road just to wake up. It helped. I tried to go back to bed like five times that night, but couldn't. I kept getting woken up for social crises. (see below)
Heath made some ribs on the pit. They are only bringing the pit every other weekend this year. It is just so much frigging work for Heath. He swears he only bought the ribs because they were on sale. He was just screwing around on a whim and made some of the best ribs I've ever had in my life. I nearly tackled five people for seconds. I remember last year Heath saying "These pork chops are not my best." He sounded disappointed. I loved them. I really need to make it to one of the cook-offs.
Jail
Oh, I got thrown in jail. The faire has a little jail that people can pay $5 to get you thrown in the cell. I just got picked  out of the crowd because we know the jailers. It turns out I'm a terrible begger. They put one of the girls who worked there in with me to show me how to beg. It didn't help. I think every one I except the couple of guys who would have gotten me out came by and laughed at me. Nat took off to go barrow two bucks. and I was alone. Even my brother in law who will remain nameless came by and wouldn't bail me out. I ended up coughing up my hidden $5. Humph. last year I bailed out like five or eight people. Not one of them was in ear shot.
There was a funny thing that happened while I was in the jail. A beautiful red head was put in the cage with me. She claimed to be Italian. She was good at begging. How ironic. I doubt she had to beg for much. The amazing thing is, I was invisible to her. I mean, It was like we were in two different universes that just passed within sight of each other. The really strange thing is I caught it right then. Normally I don't get it for a day or a week, or even longer what was going on in a social situation like that, but I caught it and was able to react appropriately (get out of her way) right on the spot. That is a new one for me.
A chubby Mexican chick was put in there and told the crowd that she swallowed to get out of the jail. I'm just plane bad at begging. I think she might have been trying to impress her friends, but who knows. Some girl paid her way out and they kissed as they walked away. Now, if that had been the Italian chick, ... Well, I may have ended up in real jail.
Pain
One of our friends is going through a rough time in his life and made Nat cry on Saturday night. This is the second time he has pulled this kind of thing and is starting to upset me. He has used his "other cheek" card here. I really hope he figures out what is going on in his life and stops hurting his friends.

No comments: