It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-10-10

Front
So, I heard there was supposed to be a front moving in today. Well, they were right. It came on with a vengeance. You could see the wall of dark gray climb out of the distance like a rising plague. One side of the building was partly cloudy with bits of blue sky and the other side of the building was a portrait of foreboding.
It was lunch time so I ran out to the parking garage to catch a glimpse of the incoming torrent. I was not disappointed with my decision to take the stairs to the fourth floor. The power blinked several times. The fourth floor was the best vantage because it is right at the top of the trees that surround the garage. This gives the wind shape and presents.
The first waves of cold, rain laden wind shot straight through the open sides of the garage walls and straight into my face. That is the first taste of winter my friend.
The walk back to the building started with a trip back down the yet stairs in the garage. They were still warm from the earlier sunny day. I through to myself "I'm glad I carry a flashlight in my pocket." as I descended the narrow passage. The gap between the building and the garage is covered only from above with a simple roof. People darted across the open expanse now swept side to side with lashes of cold rain. It was like a Tomb Raider trap. I took my turn across the ankle deep puddle of exposed ground and only got wet on my left side. The air conditioning felt very strange on only half my body.
I could not think of a way to get from the ground floor to my work floor without using the elevator. I boarded the small crowded box and ascended. First a stop on one floor, then another stop. I breathed better when the door opened on my floor and I got out. I will have to learn of a way to my perch without the rickety lift.
This is faire weather.

No comments: