It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-06-15

Work Internet out
It is amazing. It really seams that I get more done when I have internet access at work. I've noticed I get depressed when I don't have a link. It also happens that I can't look things up easily. I needed to look a bunch of things up on MSDN and couldn't get the info I needed. My productivity suffered. It did come back on after a while. Those were a shaky fifteen minutes though.

Fit
I want to video Elle throwing a fit for future posterity. Some people think she is a saint all the time. She is very cute, but she is a terror when she wants to be. Shooting a video now will help me prove to a couple of people that she is indeed a two year old. It will also provide ammunition for her teenage years.

Elle at Bed Time
At first, Elle refused to sleep in her own room. There were a couple of sleepless nights. Then, I started laying down on the floor and waiting for her to go to sleep before sneaking out of the room. The last couple of nights I've just been holding the door shut while she throws a fit on the other side. She cries herself to sleep. It kills me, but this is something that I believe is needed for her to evolve into a full-blown human being. The first night she pulled on the door and cried for nearly an hour. Last night she pulled on the door once and cried for thirty minutes, and not nearly with as much vigor. Hopefully, that is a positive trend.
I sat her down and tried to explain to her that she had one chance to stay in bed. She blew it in one minute. She kicked off the covers and started throwing a fit before I even left the room. When she gets like that, she will not listen to reason. The only thing that really saves me in this situation is that Elle has NO patience. If she just stood there and made no noise, I would give up and she could sneak out later. Fortunately for me, she gives it 100% until she completely gives up and goes to bed.

My Name
Elle has a vocabulary of mostly vowels. She says my name as a short "e" (as in "red") followed by a long "e" (as in "sheep"). Lets say "e-ee". No consonants. At least, this is what Nat tells me. I can't tell the difference between the cat's name and her word for potty. The only thing I get 100% of the time is "BYE BYE!!" as she waves her hand at me. That means go away.

DnD
We might actually play again soon. YES!!! I can't wait. It looks like it will be the 25th of June. The emails keep bouncing around on dates and what kind of campaign to play. I'm not too picky.
There was this pirate thing that I voted against because I really don't like seagoing adventures. It is just too limiting. You have to specialize to be any good at sea stuff. I've heard many times that famous sailors could not swim. No DnD player would use a seafaring character that could not swim. These gamest engineers will take every rule in the books, all the supplemental rules, whatever they can find on the internet, and any thing any one ever said in an email and put it all down in the perfect balance of bent regulation to make the perfect tool of floating destruction imaginable. Except Brian. He would play an earth elemental with cursed boots of sinking on a sea voyage, just because it is funny.

1 comment:

obiwanchunn said...

About the famous sailors that can't swim.

The book I'm currently reading called
"Master and Commander" as a brief aside that describes several of the sailors going out of thier way to learn *not* to swim. Their reasoning is that is just prolongs death at sea. Better to drown fast than swim for days and slowly die.