It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2005-06-18

Cool site of the day
These guys have cool costume costumes and armor. They look expensive to me, but I bet you can find what you are looking for there.

Remote Diagnostics
So, we called SBC to come fix the frigging phone. It turns out to that some one had multiple lines in that apartment before. We had to un-multi-line it. Ninety something bucks. Bastards. The line still sounds scratchy. Anyway, The DSL stopped working Nat says. "It worked for a minute after the guy left, then quit."
"That sounds funny." I say to myself. I make an attempt to long in using VNC. It works. I can get to all the computers, but I can't get from the computers back out onto the net. I can even hit my own web page where all my pictures are stored.. It looks like port 80 is blocked from the inside.
I asked Nat to reset the modem, but that didn't help. I asked her to reset the router, but it is behind a toolbox. The toolbox is not where I want it. We still have not finished unpacking, so everything is in disarray. Well, I attempt to log into the router via one of the other computers. It does not prompt me for the normal user name and password. Ah, It begins to make sense. The router really is dead. For some reason it is blocking port 80 on the inside of the network. Nat can't get behind the toolbox. It will have to wait until I get home to pull the plug.
The whole thing took like ten minutes.
Special thinks to Sylvia, my boss, for teaching me diagnostic skills. I use them on a daily basis.

No comments: