It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-09-24

Weekend
Tomorrow is DND. i will probably not have a post on Saturday,but Sunday will either be a sleepy bulk of my character and blow by blow, or another rant about how miserable I was the whole time. I hope the former.

Lunch
Lunch is an important time at my day job. It is a time of social meetings and a time to get the low-down on what is really going on around the office. This is where I learned such important things as where my group moves in a couple of weeks. We are going from the first floor to the third floor. The move will also include going from offices to cubicals. This is where you hear about the real job announcements. This is where I first heard about the 6% pay cut a couple of years ago.
Normally people take a thirty minute lunch and work an eight hour day. I recently changed my work hours so I could take an hour lunch. The thing is, I still only take a thirty minute lunch most of the time. I'm just an honest person. I would rather get ripped on hours than rip the company. Lets see, 6% of 40 hours is 2 hours and 24 minutes. That is just about the amount of time some one would use of the company's time if they just took the long lunches and didn't adjust their hours. Damn, it really doesn't pay to be honest.

You might be a Red Neck
If you take your dog for a walk and you both use the tree at the corner...
If you get your 4x4 stuck in your driveway... (mine, not Foxworthy's)
If you have ever taken a six-pack to a funeral...
If your daughter's Barby Dream House has a cloths line in the front yard...
If you wife has ever said "Move that transmission so I can take a bath."...
If you think fast food is hitting a deer at 70 mph...
If an episode of "Walker Texas Ranger" Changed your life...
If you have ever worn a strapless blouse with a bra that isn't...

Game Distro
I don't know how many people I have discussed this with. I read a time back about game manufacturers using a "live CD" to distribute games. A Live CD is one you put in to your computer and boot off of. Like a game box. You don't have to mess with compatibility with your OS, un-installing problems, crashing when someone IMs you, or even driver version conflicts when you do it this way. Well, this is the first game I've heard actually doing it. Oh, I've never heard of the game. It has apparently been in existence for bazillions of years (thus out of copyright) so they can test the market with it.
Speaking of games, here is a site with some not so rood suggestions for video games.

No comments: