It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-09-03

Russia
Russia don't take much off terrorists. They gassed a bunch of people in a theater last year and killed half the hostages.. Now they raid a school, guns blazing, When a it is taken over by a pack of terrorists. There are all kinds of reports on casualty numbers. I have to say I respect their decision. It turns out the captures started firing on some kids running from a building.
At lunch today one of my coworkers wondered how long it will be before we have suicide bombers in the U. S.. I hope it is a long time, but I can't put my finger on why it has not already happened. My friend had some good points. Could you imagine watching a siege on an elementary school in Butte Montana that resembled the one in Russia? How about a suicide bomber in a theater on the opening day of some new blockbuster? There must be people out there who want to do this stuff. The limitation has to be people. I would like to know the kind of person who makes a good suicide bomber recruit. Is it a looser who always wares black and talks about getting scull tattoos? Is it a rejected smart kids? That is a debate I would like to have with an expert..
I don't go to many movies now, but will never go to movies if this kind of crap begins. I hope no terrorists are reading this. I just don't want to think about terrorists taking over an elementary school.

Prediction
Political Correctness (PC) is going to be the downfall of western civilization. It takes social focus for a community to over come a problem. Political Correctness dilutes social drive. PC is to avoid problems, not confront them.  Just a feeling.

Private space flight
Now that people are sling-shotting themselves into low orbit with garage jalopies, why are we using a thirty year old space ship to professionally launch satellites? I say it is time to replace it. We have had a couple fall apart. It is time to rethink and redesign. If the hurricane in Florida does much damage, NASA may not repair it. I can't find when the shuttle was first designed. It first flue in the early eighties. It is Ancient technology.
My fear is that someone like Bill Gates or a corporation will make it look like they are saving the space program and monopolize space. Honestly, let the market determine the path of space travel. It was always supposed to be taken over by the economic engine eventually, but I don't like the Microsoft model of transition to public company space flight.

Sensitive My Ass
I've heard all my life that women want a man who is sensitive and expresses emotions. I say Bullshit! Women want a man who is tough as iron, remembers to buy then pretty shinny stuff on the right days, and bends them over the back of the couch occasionally. I have to say it, the only time I showed emotions, it was taken as a weakness by the woman. I'm fed up with it. The one thing I have learned from listening to women is they are just as full of shit as men. They have no idea what they want or what they have when they find it.
New rule. Be me, don't pull any punches, and run at my own pace. There is just no reason to pretend to be anything else. It buys me nothing.

Atkins Diet
Finally the studies are starting to flood in. I'm tired of peoples' breath stinking. Please stop using the Atkins Diet. They say the reason the Atkins Diet works is because the poor selection of diet makes people board with food and that protein makes people feel full before other foods. The diet is no more effective than low fat diets. After a year, people start experiencing starvation symptoms.

1 comment:

CyndyMW said...

"The one thing I have learned from listening
to women is they are just as full of shit as men."

It's about time you figured that one out. That's been womankind's biggest secret for a long time. You will go far, young Kelly.