It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-04-15

Dates and computers
Today is the fifteenth of April in the year of our lord two thousand and four. This is a legitimate way of writing the date for humans. It makes since to some one who takes the time to read the words. Even if you have never seen the date written out like that before, you can pick today out on a calendar. Try teaching a computer how to interpret this into a machine date that looks something like "10010100011001011001010001100101". Computers usually count the number of seconds from a given point to determine the date. It is an operating system thing. That's why the whole Y2K thing was a huge bust. That doesn't even get into which order of day month year or year month day or month day year or what ever order you put the numbers. So, when people say "Give me the latest file." they need to specify whether it is the date created, modified or accessed they need.

Adult Happy Meals
I like
this idea from Mikky-Ds. They offer a pedometer. It says they are sick of being sued.

War Correspondent
A buddy invited me to paintball this Sunday. He is fully aware that I am legally blind. He suggested I take on the role of War Correspondent. This intrigues me. It would be the first time I have ever attended a sporting event as an amateur photographer. I should carry a microphone and talk into the camera like I'm reporting from the front. I could call it my War journal. That is,until some one shoots me and I walk right up to them and kick them in the head.
It isn't getting shot, It is looking like I'm blind during a sporting event. I hate that.

BlogBack sucks
OK, I'm trying the comment thing. I can't figure out how to get some of the features to work. I'll try to add poles and what not later.

No comments: