It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2004-04-12

Atkins
Low carbohydrate diets are taking over the US. I've heard from some one who visited Europe recently and the Europeans don't understand how Americans intend to loose weight by eating. While were were talking over lunch I noticed this healthy way of eating meant you could dip meat in cheese and say "I can't have chips, I'm sticking to my diet." I converted.

Invisible Eunuch
It's amazing. I'm invisible to women younger than I, and I am a brother to every woman my own age. Wow, what a nightmare. This last weekend I went a party where some younger woman happened to attend and had an email conversation with a woman my own age.
Younger women
At Dan's party on Friday evening there were several young women present. They were all about twenty-ish, pretty and they all looked twelve years old to me. I might have caught their eye if I had set myself on fire.
Email conversation
The conversation happened via email. We made small talk about our plans for the weekend and so on. I try to have no "intentions" with the conversation. I try to keep things loose. She mentions fighting with her boyfriend/whatever. I've been down this road so many times I cannot do it again.
Again, I'm tired of being the sounding board for women who have a problem with their current man. Why do women think I'm going to show any sympathy? I don't feel like a hero when you cry on my shoulder about the guy you are having sex with (hint, not me), I feel used.

No comments: