It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-06-14

Pictures online

Last night I found out that Tumblr only lets you upload something like 10 pictures at a time. This is not acceptable for my needs. Hey, Twitter only lets you upload one at a time. It could be worse. This means ineed to go back to using some other system for my photos.

Yesterday evening I tried Picasa again. It only allows so much storage for free and then, of course, you have to pay for more storage. This is how they all work I believe. There is a way of making multiple accounts. This becomes unwindable of course. That is the idea. They have to make a living. I do not begrudge them that. I'm just broke.

I have my own server. It sits at my feet every night and just does it's job. Every five meinutes I have to change what software I use to generate the web pages. I don't know if the one I used to use is even available. There are so many these days. There was a day I put my own together. The code I wrote was terrable. I went through my old picture pages and found that they are all over the place in quality and look. The result of having so many different software packages is a patchwork of design.

What is the solution? My ISP charges me to upload the pics. Everyplace wants me to pay to store and make the pics available. It is getting to the point you can't just put up your content. They want to make money coming, sitting and going. It isn't worth it. People will stop putting stuff up if they have to pay for every click and for the lack of clicks. Not every step has to make money.

Perhaps I'll just find the software to make the web pages and put them on my own server. That is not the easiest way, but it works. My server goes down too often to be reliable. I'll keep looking for a better place. I enjoy posting pictures too much to let it fall by the way side.

Wish me luck.

No comments: