It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-06-15

Bad sound

I found out this morning that the sound is off on my most recent video. It also happens to be my first real HD video. Great timing. About a minute and a half in the sound skips a couple seconds. The last bit of the video has no sound. This sort of thing has happened before. I blame the webm codec.

Yes, I watched the video before I uploaded it. The damage came after YouTube had hold of it. I really hate this. This means that other videos have been damaged this way as well. So much for webm format for now and so much for not back checking YouTube after an upload.

It the future, I will just have to watch the full video before uploading and after uploading in order to make sure it is not broke. This is time consuming. If I were making money on this task, it wouldn't be nearly as annoying. Taking last night as an example, I didn't get the video uploaded until 23:30. I needed to go to bed. yes, the video is only a couple minutes long. Still, it is one more thing to do before bed. There is no guarantee I'll notice whatever is wrong with the video after playing with it for a couple hours. The mind tends to fill in the blanks after the first several viewings.

No comments: