It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2010-05-02

Ubuntu upgrade

I upgraded from Ubuntu 9.10 to 10.04. Everything  Most stuff seems to work. One thing that is just plane not working is the mouse pointer. I cannot change the mouse pointer. Normaly, I put a mouse pointer up that lets me blow the pinter up a bit so it is easier to spot as it zips across the screen. I can't do that any more. I'm sure this is an upgrade problem. I bet it works just fine from a straight install.

Pretty much everything else I've tried has worked. Including Samba. Normally, I have to go fight configuration battles in and around smb.conf to get the ability to share files easily between my two computers. Not this time. That is a huge plus. There are usually other things that break as well, but it has been over a day and both computers seem in tip top.

As soon as I get the mouse pointer thing figured out, I'll blog it. It is either the need to remove an old configuration or theme seed file. That must be what is causing the trouble. 

I did have to reset the audio settings in KDENlive. I had to set them back to 'auto', the default setting. No it works just as well/poorly as it did before. Still have to pre-render all the audio to mp3. Life could suck worse.

No comments: