It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2009-01-31

Good with a sling shot

Eat your heart out Bart. This guy got you beat. I'd call him the best I've ever known. Over fifty years of slinging shot through a sling shot.

I've never been any good with a slingshot. I was surprisingly good with a blowgun. Well, good for someone with 20/400 vision. I could hit a coke can at five or eight paces depending on who was pacing. Hell, that is 40 paces to the propelry sighted.

Amanda's brother Danny was good with a sling for a long time. I envied him that and the fact that he got laid more than I did. Then he went blind and I had to lean the lesson not to envy any one for anything. You should respect what others have in the form of skill. You can aspire to compete. Do not envy. There is a huge difference. I hope I've learned this lesson. Sometimes when I catch myself envying someone for a skill or an attribute , I have to remind myself not to envy.

No comments: