It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2008-02-13

Debate

People have lost the art of debate. People want to fight. There is a difference between debating and fighting. I'm listening to Left Right and Center. People are only civil when the other person agrees with them. They interrupt when someone says something they disagree with .They sound like a bunch of middle school kids fighting over Superman vs Batman. it really makes me feel like their opinions do not mean as much. I'm sure it makes for better ratings or sells more widgets in the commercials. I'm disappointed.

One of the folks just said, from the liberal side of the fence, "Clinton and McCain, there is no comparison." That I agree with, from the conservative side of that same fence.

None of these folks have their toes in the political ring as far as I can remember. They all have an opinion and have apparently had opinions for some time. This makes them qualified to be on the radio. I've had a blog for years and I've bitched about politics for years so I think I'm about as qualified.  Well, maybe not. It's my blog and I'll bitch if I want to. ... OK, upon farther listening, I can tell at least some of them have been involved in politics.

For the name Left Right and Center, they all sound like a batch of liberals to me. I am from Texas. I wonder if I'm conservative for Texas standards. I think not. I bet I'm officially a "pinko" by Texas standards.

I'm still writing in John Robert Bolton for president this Fall. I cannot vote for either Democrat that will be presented. I do not want to vote for McCain because he scares me for some reason. The Democrats will win if the next election unless they seriously screw something up. I worry McCain will snap some time over the next five years and we will all say "God, we dodged a bullet. What if he had been president when that happened?"

No comments: