It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2006-07-26

Commute
The trip in this morning was wet. Nat and I watched the news last night and they said like eight times that this morning was going to be a mess. I called into the office and someone said the water was not too high yet. Westheimer was covered in a few areas, but not too deep. our poor Corolla is not the high rise type of vehicle. I'm pleasantly surprised that we only got splashed once or twice by passing assholes.
I can tell that someone has done some work on this city's drainage system since I was a kid. Everything was under water when you got three inches in one day back then. Now, only low spots pool. Most of the water runs off quickly. It takes a real deluge to sink Houston these days. It still happens more often than it should. I've probably doomed us now. I hope not. i still remember the story of a women drowning in an elevator going to an underground parking garage during the Allison storm a few years ago.

No comments: