It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-06-01

What People Say
The one's who deserve it never get it. This is true for good people and bad people it seems. Sure the world "never" doesn't really apply, but who's keeping count? I deserve more money for what I do. I will not get it until I move positions or change jobs. I deserve love and happiness, but I will never get them until I go out and get them. Some believe our sins are tallied against faith alone. Some believe deeds guide us to heaven or hell. Some say ritual guides our sole's path, Some believe everything is random or chaotic and no amount of trying will amount to a hill of beans. Some swear by fate or karma. I don't know. I'm going to relax, count to ten and hope it is all still here when I open my eyes.

Socializing With The Coworkers
This past Friday my office had a little happy hour at a local pub. I'm an extreme light-weight in the drinking department. I had about four beers over about three hours. at the pub. This is the level at which Kelly feels no pain. I was chuckling with the boss, and her boss, and one of the up-ity-ups at the company showed up. We played darts, shot pool, shot the breeze. Some of us grabbed a bite and some ice-cream after. All in all it was a blast.

Crazy Laws
There are laws on the books that treat T-shirts differently than other media like books or posters. It appears that the code for copying a DVD is illegal to sell in most any form except printed on a shirt. Take a look CopyLeft's site. I'm going to own this shirt at some point. CopyLeft is now named as a defendant in the case against the code monkeys who gave this gift to the world.

More Behind SCO Whining
SCO has some more to say about why they are making so many waves. There is an article on slasdot that say SCO is looking to be bought out by IBM, or maybe some one else. Here is another article on PBS.org that says it might be Microsoft pushing the buttons behind SCO. I think it is the buyout thing. That makes more sense because the SCO executives have to be making money off this somehow, or they wouldn't do it.

Personal Networking
Here is an article again on slashdot that touts solders will be networked in the future through their uniform. They will be connected to each other and to a centralized network. Slashdot suggests it is only about 5 years behind that for the rest of us. I say “Look in you pocket. Is there a mobile phone? You are networked.” The thing is, the companies that control the networks are just not taking full advantage of the mobile phone capabilities yet.

No comments: