It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2003-06-28

Boot to the head
Steel toe boots are a deadly weapon in Texas. So is a stick, a wrench, skates, baseball bat and a screwdriver. Any of these things might get you thrown in jail if you are carrying them in your pocket or in your car and the cop wants to make an issue of it. The funny thing is, you can carry a loaded shotgun in your car as long as it is in plain site. You cannot carry a baseball that has been modified in any way. I've heard that a notch or a crack is a good enough reason to get thrown in jail if the cops want to make an issue of it. Mace is not a weapon in Texas. Those telescoping night-sticks made of mettle require a permit to carry in Texas. There is a state law (in Texas) that governs the length of the blade of a knife that can be carried before it is considered a concealed weapon  Trouble is, every county has a different law on top of it. I carry a multi-tool that has a blade in it. A pistol may be carried on the body in plane site. The same trouble arise that every county or municipality has rules on top of it. Texas has a licensing system for the carry of concealed weapons now. Every building you enter these days say "no firearms aloud" on the door. Florida has had a concealed carry law for several years. The number of soles who have these permits who commit crimes is astronomically low. These people are law biding.

Stickers on apples
My work has apples for sale in the mornings. It's quite convenient. Every apple I touched this morning had a soft spot under the sticker. What is the deal? I suppose apples need to breath to repel whatever causes the brown spots. Maybe the gun that puts them on hits the apple skin too hard. Perhaps the person who puts the stickers on these particular apples has not been properly trained. "Don't hit the apples so damn hard when you put the stickers on." I picture a belt covered in apples running along and a modified jack-hammer placing the stickers gently one each apple as it passes. Perhaps a trained monkey with a machine-gun marking the apples as they drop into a truck..

Romantic
I am not a romantic person. I had a buddy of mine try to tell me that I am a closet romantic because I put poetry in my blog. I hate to correct him, but that is just a bunch of words. To be a romantic person takes far more than that. I can't even think of what it is that stirs a person's soul to the depth it takes to produce the art that some have inside them. Maybe some one can help me out. I'm not talking about lovy-dovy people who send flowers. I'm talking about the artist folk who are driven to produce magic.

No Call List
The US finally has a no call list. It is nation wide and violators will be prosecuted. They estimate that 60 million numbers will be on the list in a year. I bet 60 million numbers will be on the list as quickly as 60 million numbers can go on the list. Some weenie telemarketer was on the news whining about lost jobs. STARVE!!!! Flip burgers. Don't call me when I'm at home doing my thing you bastards!!!This is one industry that I want made as stigmatic as drug dealing. This no call list is not going far enough. I'm sure there are creative types out there who can come up with more interesting ways of punishing violators than I.
Sign up NOW!!! They welcome home numbers and mobile numbers. I can't wait until October 1st.

No comments: