It wasn't me. You can't prove anything.


2011-07-06

Office productivity suite

So many people don't like OpenOffice, now LibreOffice only because they have learned Microsoft Office. You must do things differently. You have different options. Not everything is the same. LibreOffice is highly capable. There are a couple things like editing PDF files that Microsoft Office doesn't really offer. The Draw program in LibreOffice is very nice. I put it on par with Visio and illustrator for the average user. Professionals would find fault, but it is all there as far as I need.

Some people get it. Some people realize there is more than one tool for the job. There is a time for each tool. We have a bunch of linux developers at my office. They can only use LibreOffice on their linux boxes. We have some windows machines set up as windows office servers for those times they can't get things done. A couple people insist they need those machines for every text only document. Give me a break. They are just closed minded.

I'm closed minded on so many things. I cannot really point fingers. I do anyway because this is my blog and I have the keys. So, nya!

No comments: